Gnomeo O Gnomeo

This past Saturday I made a baby shower cake for my boyfriend's friend. I made a 3-layer cake. The middle was yellow cake and the two outer layers were white cake dyed baby blue accompanied by strawberry frosting. 






After the baby shower my boyfriend and I went to Phoenix Food Boutique. I ordered my  FAVORITE dish...shrimp with walnuts. Soooooo yummy. Pretty much it's shrimp tossed in a tangy mayo sauce and topped with candied walnuts. You cannot go wrong with this dish. The shrimp is perfectly fried so that you get a crunch when you bite but the shrimp is still moist inside. Phoenix sells this single-person portion for $6.95 which is a fair price for the quality and quantity. Usually a full size portion sells for $11.95 at most Chinese cafes/restaurants. 


I had been yearning to see "Gnomeo and Juliet" for a month so we finally saw it on Saturday night after eating at Phoenix. Overall the movie was cute, as expected, and there were many Elton John inspired songs and references. However, I wish the movie was longer (84 mins.) and it wasn't as funny as Pixar's animations. I do love me some James McAvoy though!