Food Truck Brigade, Irvine

It's been awhile, but I have a good excuse. School is crazzzy! Anyways, today was a wonderful day! Sunny, breezy, and easy. My roommate and I decided to head down to the Foodtruck Brigade on Teller near the intersection of Teller and Michelson off of Jamboree in Irvine. We got lost because I didn't make a left off Teller and ended up going towards the airport. Probably should have double checked the directions, but OH well. There were maybe 9 food trucks there and a LOT of people, mostly the business lunch crowd and some college students. My roommate and I tried out 3 of the trucks.

The first truck we stopped at was called Ranchan Ramen. Since it was so hot and sunny, we didn't really want ramen and decided to opt for the Shrimp Ball Yakitori which was $2 for one stick. WHAT A RIP OFF! It literally was a shrimp fish ball from 99 ranch or any asian market, put on a stick, and dumped on a grill. A pack of 10 shrimp balls costs $2 and they only put 3 on a stick! It tasted just as boring as it sounds.


The second truck we had was called Rancho A Go Go Barbeque. I ordered the Carolina Pulled Pork Sliders ($5) and my roommate ordered the BBQ Beef Sliders ($6). The truck advertised the pork was slow cooked for something like 12 hours, and indeed the pulled pork was sooo soft and tasty. It melted in my mouth... (that's what she said). The sauce was really sweet, just how I like it. 




The last truck we ate from was called The Lime Truck. I was between the Carnitas Fries ($7) and the Ultimate Taco ($3 each) but I ended up going for the Ultimate Taco (cue fire explosions and lightning bolts). I also got the Crispy Gnocchi with kale and Spicy Parmesan Sauce ($7). The guys at The Lime Truck are the BEST! First, my total was $10.87 so I handed the guy $11 but he gave back my dollar because he didn't want to deal with change. CHA-CHING! Then the guy manning the pick-up window gave my gnocchi to some other lady by accident. So he decided to give me 2 free Ultimate Tacos for his mistake and my waiting time. CHA-CHING CHA-CHING. So basically I paid $10 for food that should have cost $17!! The guy kept apologizing because he felt bad. A+ for service!
The tacos were the first thing I ate. They had a slight kick because there were peppers in the pulled pork and the slaw had a bit of paprika. I don't normally enjoy spicy foods, but this had the perfect amount of spice. YUM. I had a bit of the gnocchi but I saved the rest for dinner tonight. The gnocchi was so cheesy, garlic-y, and yummy. My boyfriend, George, would have loved it.





I didn't realize how many food trucks are based out of Orange County. Tonight at the Irvine Lanes there will be another food truck gathering. Then tomorrow in some business technology center there will be yet another food truck gathering.

There's a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy...